Thursday, June 11, 2009

Freelance Apprentice

It's almost 3 weeks since I started my freelance life. Life is not organized. Haha... although has been setting myself working hours. I didn't follow, at all...

But I am enjoying the process of discovering. Finding out which way work the best for me. Most of the time you find me sitting at Asia One Cafe, Bandar Puteri Puchong. I travelled to Jalan Imbi to meet client, my programmer partner treated me Green Tea Latte at Starbucks, Uptown Damansara. But most of the time you find me shopping around boutiques at Puchong. My housemates said she wanted to have soup for dinner, then I went market to buy some ingredients. Sometimes I know I have tons of work to do, but myself is telling me that I want to have Wholemeal Bread with butter for breakfast, then I drove out. Hmmm... I spent alot without getting my first cheque from client. Well, what can I say. I need DISCIPLINE!

Being an freelance apprentice, there's alot I need to learn. I am pitching a project, I was finding my programmer friend to co-operate with me, it didn't work out quite well. And I need to repropose to client again. Well okay I admit, I cried. But I am truly grateful in heart, because I've learnt! I am learning the art of negociation, presentation skill, time management, commitment, setting goals, and the process of being a successful freelancer. My mom supported me, haha, when I said I was scared to talk about the price to client. She said: LEARN! I am thankful. I love you mom, and all the friendssss who supported me. I won't dissapoint you!

I should have working for now. Haha, but I'm still blogging. I want to practise blogging everyday because it really helps me to review my thinking, and my progression. I find out that I am more progressive and motivated during the night time. I've triend to work 9 to 5. It don't really feel right. Let's try working at night then. =)

Working at Asia One Cafe, Puchong


















My workplace at Sungai Petani.

No comments:

Post a Comment